Lunch Procedures and Code of Behaviour
- Pupils must play in designated supervised areas.
- Pupils must not re-enter the school building during break times without permission from the supervising teacher.
- Children must enter and leave classrooms in an orderly manner. Once bell is rung, each child must return to the class line.
- The use of bad language is not acceptable and will not be tolerated.
- Bullying, both physical and verbal, and threatening behaviour are totally forbidden.
- During inclement weather, children stay in classrooms for breaks. They must observe any directions given by teachers and safety procedures must be followed at all times.
- Any kind of behaviour, which endangers the children themselves or others, is forbidden.
- When misbehaviour occurs, the following steps are used:
- Step 1: A verbal warning is given to the child.
- Step 2: 10 minutes time off the yard.
- Step 3: A lunchtime detention with a slip sent home to be signed by parents/guardians.
- Step 4: A week of lunchtime detention and parents/guardians called in.
- Step 5: Meeting with parents/guardians and possible suspension.
- Teachers shall keep a written report of all instances of serious
misbehaviour as well as a record of improvements in the
behaviour of disruptive pupils.
- A gross breach of school rules may result in immediate suspension.
The school Principal and staff will endeavour to work with all children and attempt to resolve any difficult and challenging behaviours. However, if interventions and strategies that have been used are not proving successful the school will examine the option of suspension and possible expulsion. Parental consultation and communication is deemed extremely important in dealing with such issues.