Covid 19 Policy Statement
St. Oliver Plunkett B.N.S. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our staff and for a safe learning environment for all our pupils. To ensure that, we have developed the following COVID 19 Response Plan. The BOM and all school staff are responsible for the implementation of this plan and a combined effort will help contain the spread of the virus.
- Continue to monitor our COVID 19 Response and amend this plan in consultation with our staff.
- Provide up to date information to our staff and pupils on the Public Health advice issued by the HSE and Gov.ie.
- Display information on the signs and symptoms of COVID 19 and correct hand washing techniques.
- Assign a Lead Worker Representative (LWR) from our current staff to carry out the role outlined in this plan in relation to all matters relating to Covid 19.
- Inform all staff and pupils of essential hygiene and respiratory etiquette and physical distancing requirements.
- Adapt the school to facilitate physical distancing as appropriate and where possible, in line with the guidance and direction of the Department of Education and Skills.
- Keep a contact log to help with contact tracing.
- Ensure staff and pupils engage with the induction/familiarisation briefing provided by the Department of Education and Skills.
- Implement the agreed procedure to be followed in the event of someone showing signs and symptoms of Covid 19 while in school.
- Provide instructions for staff and pupils to follow if they develop signs and symptoms of Covid 19 during school time.
- Implement cleaning in line with the Department of Education and Skills advice.
All school staff will be consulted on an ongoing basis and feedback is encouraged on any concerns, issues or suggestions.
This can be done through the Lead Worker Representative who will be supported in line with the agreement between the Department and education partners.
James Hatton, Chairperson, B.O.M.
Sinead White , Principal, St. Oliver Plunkett B.N.S.
Date: 13th August 2020.